• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

my family snaps

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all. just a few pics i thought you may like to see. the first is of me aged about 2 in the back garden of paddington street.

lovely photos wales

it always seems funny to me that the buildings in those days always looked old and dingy. they couldnt have been old at the time but you never see one that looks bright and brand new! why was this?

chris

this is dad with his army mates. from left to right are tommy york. eric toon. dad george harrington and jimmy cusack. thats it for now hope you like them. they are so precious to me. wales

ha ha frothy. i can either put a pic of me self taken a couple of days ago or you can wait till the 60s bash to find out

Lovely photographs lyn - the picture of your father holding you is beautiful, your dad looks so proud.

keith

thanks keith. we can never replace out family photos and i didnt realise mom and dad had quite a lot. maybe i will put a few more on at a later date.

i will ask dad michael. very good chance i would say. i havent forgot the pic of lozells girls school. i have borrowed it out to someone to copy. will email it you asap. wales

Those family snaps, probably taken with a brownie camera, are so much part of our history and so precious.

Lovely to see your photos Lyn. You're very much like your mom.

Ann

thank you ann. di ive just noticed on the back of the army pic is printed N F GRIFFITHS PHOTOGRAPHER 24 HUBERT STREET EX RAF ASTON BIRMINGHAM 6. must have a look where hubert st was i havent heard of it.

ive just copied a few more. hope they come out ok. me and mom on the beach at rhyl and me sitting on a stuffed lion. apparently i was not amused and wouldnt stop crying lol

this is dad and his mom in law (my nan) and i cant quite beleive the cheek he had to pick her up like this in those days lol

the 1st one is of dads best friend dennis tidmarsh who was best man at mom and dads wedding and mine and my brother marks godfather. the 2nd is of a xmas party at the crown pub villa st. thats me 1st left and brother mark 2nd right.

Some of when I was just a little babby!
First is the Winter of 46/47 behind our house in 163 Bromford Lane, second one is also in the garden but looking towards Wheelwright Road.

david what lovely photos. just look at you all wrapped up in your blanket. i think 47 was that very bad winter. how people coped i will never know. thanks for sharing you precious photos. wales

Lloyd. i dont know how you do that but thank you very much. its perfect. think mom will like it too. wales.:)

A couple of me in the HUGE garden at our house on Hagley Road, Edgbaston.
These are some of the water-damaged ones I had to restore for myself, you can see the patched areas in places.
I remember trying a different pose with the hosepipe but dad said he wouldn't take the photo, it was rude.

Back