• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Aunt

davidfowler

Exiled Brummie
I'm sorting through a few photo albums from my uncle's house before it gets cleared (both he and my aunt are in a care home now) and I'm finding lots of lovely old photos I've never seen before. Here are 2 of my aunt who was my mom's sister. Hope you like.

David the photo's are lovely I could look at these all day. I hope your Aunt and Uncle are happy in their new home:).

David thanks for posting those lovely photo's and am so glad they didn't get thrown out. More please. Jean.

Thanks folks for the feedback. Jean, I agree with you. At our last house when the man died his son had a skip and one day I saw lots of photo albums! As he was in Stratford and the daughter in the USA I took them out and emailed the daughter. She didn't want them either! What a shame. There were loads of old family snaps on holiday etc. I didn't want that to happen to my family's albums.
Wendy, yes, it's like a posh hotel and a huge improvement on the place my aunt was in for the first year. Now my uncle has moved in as well although mentally he's still OK.

Just realised that I have a similar picture of my Mom. The date on the back of my Aunt's pic is June 1932 so that makes my Mom 12 in this picture and my Aunt 6.
They are both sitting on the same chair with the same background so it's reasonable to assume that my Nan took them to the studio on the same day. It's stuff like this that makes Genealogy so great!

and so enjoyable!
I will try to pot some of my family pics from around the same era, when I can get on our main computer which the males dominate lol
Sue

Back