• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mr Partridge's shop in Washwood Heath Road?

TonyQ

A family member recalls a relative, probably having the surname Partridge, having a shop in Washwood Heath Road in the 1960s or thereabouts. Can anybody recall any details, please, or provide a photo? Thanks.

There's William and Audrey Partridge listed at 624 Washwood Heath Road on the 1957 and 1960 ERs. They buildings there have always been shops as far as I can remember.

It appears to be next to the newsagent that my nan used but I can't remember what it was and that was late 70s as well.

No partridge shop listed in Washwood Heath Road in Kellys for 1956.62,63,65,67,69 or 71

Thank you. Now the challenge is to determine whether or not William and Audrey are relatives.

Thank you. Now the challenge is to determine whether or not William and Audrey are relatives.

William appears to be a William Charles Partridge (1927 - 1991) son of Frederick Partridge and Elsie Edwards. They lived at 4 back 64 Alum Rock Road from at least the late 30s to the 50s and Wolesley St in 1921.

Frederick Partridge (1898 - 1955?) was the son of Charles Partridge and Elizabeth Barber. They lived at 3 back 4 Lower Fazeley St in 1891 and Pickford St in 1901.

There was a Mr Partridge who was a school inspector lived at 627 Bromford Lane, B8 2EN in the 60s and early 70s

His sister also lived in the area and worked at Gardners restaurant next door to the Beaufort Cinema in Coleshill Road

Not actually in Washwood Heath Road but very close by!

Back