• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Most Frustrating...

Pomgolian

Kiwi Brummie
:angel: It really is getting most frustrating... :tickedoff:

Mike Ingram is related to 'The Silk Family of Aston/Nechells', Alberta's family are also related to a 'Silk Family' through.‚.. 'The Taylor' connection from the same area, Cromwell knew a family of 'Silk's '.‚.. when living in Nechells (he and I have a tenus marrage family connection) , I knew both 'The Silk's (The same ones as Crommie) and 'The Taylor's ' (Alberta's ones) Familie's very well and also knew an 'Ingram' family who were shop owners when I lived in Dymoke St (This street too was once part of Aston).

What frustrates me is, how do all these folk fit together 'cause I'm sure they must ...
However it's sad, because I feel.‚.. it's now far to late in the day to find their ties to each other. :(

:angel: Di I think they have all been posted at one time or another by all of the above member mentioned. I think part of the problem is that there were so many children in most of the families that only a few of the branches have been followed. I also know that in one case the father walked out on the children when their mother died, leaving them to fend for themselves. He went to live with another female only a few streets away, no doubt having more children. Then there's the complication of names, first names all being the same and at the sametime surnames being spelled in different way all in the same family..... ??? No I think I'll just have to live with my frustration on this one.
I just was trying to point out to do a full family research would in reality take a lifetime. Where, When and with Whom would one say "I've finished" :-\

So you have some Taylors Pom, Any of these in my tree fit into your collection? E.
Descendants of Henry Taylor

Generation No. 1

1. HENRY1 TAYLOR was born 1765, and died 1845. He married ANN PENNY. She was born 1773, and died 1847.

Children of HENRY TAYLOR and ANN PENNY are:
2. i. HENRY2 TAYLOR, b. 1816; d. 1896.
ii. ELIZABETH TAYLOR, b. 1796.
iii. MARY TAYLOR, b. 1798.
iv. WILLIAM TAYLOR, b. 1799.
v. JOSEPH TAYLOR, b. 1801.
vi. ELIZABETH TAYLOR, b. 1803.
vii. ANN TAYLOR, b. 1805.
viii. JOHN TAYLOR, b. 1808.
ix. THOMAS TAYLOR, b. 1810.
x. SARAH TAYLOR, b. 1812.

Generation No. 2

2. HENRY2 TAYLOR (HENRY1) was born 1816, and died 1896. He married (1) MARIA ADCOCK. She was born 1828, and died 1873. He married (2) MARY ANN MANTON NEE FOSTER.

Children of HENRY TAYLOR and MARIA ADCOCK are:
3. i. HENRY EDWARD3 TAYLOR, b. 1861; d. 1920.
ii. ELIZABETH TAYLOR, b. 1851.
iii. ANN MARIA TAYLOR, b. 1855; m. WILLIAM GEORGE SMART; b. 1854.
iv. ELIZA TAYLOR, b. 1863.
v. LUCY MARY TAYLOR, b. 1870.

Generation No. 3

3. HENRY EDWARD3 TAYLOR (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born 1861, and died 1920. He married PHOEBE FRANCES NICHOLLS. She was born 1862, and died 1907.

Children of HENRY TAYLOR and PHOEBE NICHOLLS are:
4. i. ALICE FRANCES4 TAYLOR, b. March 29, 1884, Aston, Birmingham; d. October 7, 1954, Dudley Road Hospital,Birmingham.
ii. LEAH TAYLOR, b. 1881.
iii. HENRY A TAYLOR, b. 1886.
iv. GEORGE TAYLOR, b. 1888.
v. CHARLES TAYLOR, b. 1890.
vi. LILIAN TAYLOR, b. 1892; m. WILLIAM DAVIS.
vii. ETHEL TAYLOR, b. 1894.
viii. DAISY TAYLOR, b. 1896.

Generation No. 4

4. ALICE FRANCES4 TAYLOR (HENRY EDWARD3, HENRY2, HENRY1) was born March 29, 1884 in Aston, Birmingham, and died October 7, 1954 in Dudley Road Hospital,Birmingham. She married CHARLES COUGHLIN February 17, 1908 in Birmingham Register Office, son of JOHN COUGHLIN and ELIZABETH MASON. He was born August 11, 1885 in Deritend, Birmingham, and died July 29, 1960 in Kingstanding, Birmingham.

More About ALICE FRANCES TAYLOR:
Burial: Witton Cemetary, Birmingham

More About CHARLES COUGHLIN:
Burial: Witton Cemetary, Birmingham

Children of ALICE TAYLOR and CHARLES COUGHLIN are:
i. ALICE FRANCES5 COUGHLIN, b. March 19, 1909, Aston, Birmingham; d. January 1998, Yardley,Birmingham; m. LEONARD GIBSON, July 12, 1930, St James Church, Aston, Birmingham; b. August 30, 1906, 5/13 Barton’s Bank, Aston, Birmingham; d. 1987, QE2 Hospital, Birmingham.

More About ALICE FRANCES COUGHLIN:
Burial: Yardley Crematorium

More About LEONARD GIBSON:
Burial: Perry Bar Crematorium
Cause of Death: Colon/bladder cancer

ii. GEORGE CHARLES ALFRED COUGHLIN, b. December 1, 1911, Aston, Birmingham; d. August 20, 2000, Torquay, Devon; m. DOREEN GOODMAN; b. May 20, 1921, Birmingham; d. Torquay, Devon.
iii. LILIAN COUGHLIN, b. October 15, 1914, Aston, Birmingham; m. WILLIAM ALFRED LEES, July 14, 1936, Erdington, Birmingham; b. October 3, 1913, Brookfields, Birmingham; d. May 27, 1990, Minehead, Somerset.

:angel: Sorry Eric I only have these and I'm not sure where they fit in to my tree yet, or even if they do.
My second cousin in England sent them to me, so I'm not sure if they only belong in his tree or mine as well, they may just be a twig from one of the many branches. He thought it would interest me because of Dymoke St (IWhere I once lived) being around the corner from Conybere St and St Albans Church which we attended (My Brother was a choir boy there) is also in Conybere St Highgate.

196,1 Back Of 71 Conybere St,1,Joseph M Taylor,Father,M,43,,Bricklayer,Employed,Evesham Worcestershire,,
,,,Harriet Taylor,Mother,M,,42,,,Tipton Staffordshire,,
,,,Joseph Taylor,Son,,15,,Spoon Fork Stamper,Employed,Birmingham Warwickshire,,
,,,Maud Taylor,Dau,,,13,Scholar,,Birmingham Warwickshire,,
,,,Rosa Taylor,Dau,,,10,Scholar,,Evesham Worcestershire,,
,,,Elsie Taylor,Dau,,,8,Scholar,,Evesham Worcestershire,,
,,,Kate Taylor,Dau,,,7,Scholar,,Evesham Worcestershire,,
,,,William Taylor,Son,,5,,,,Evesham Worcestershire,,
,,,Alfred Taylor,Son,,4,,,,Evesham Worcestershire,,

:angel:

Our TAYLORS are Frank my father in law b.1910 died 5th August 2006.
His father was Joseph born 1879 New Canal street
Joseph b. 1879 father Francis
Francis born 1839 Birches Green Erdington father Henry.
Henry b.1803 Bentley Warwicks.
The family for generations before had been workers on the Merevale Estate.

The SILK connection is only ' family by marriage',

Franks mother died in 1912 and his father married Sophia Swingewood (nee Stevens).Sophia died 5 years later and Sophias children from her first marriage and Frank and his sister Elizabeth were left to fend for themselves,Joseph having moved to the next street to marry No.3.
Sophias sister Amy Stevens had married George SILK,of the beer sellers,coffee shop,illegal bookies fame,and they provided the children with a home in Lupin Street.

Incidently Elizabeth Taylor married George COSTELLO ,another well known family.
Georges father Charlie was very well known in Duddeston.They were of Irish descent and Charlies wife was a hawker.
Frank Taylor would recall that as a boy he would tip over her handcart and be given a thick ear.

He also recalled that when his father worked at Rigbys brass works in Henry Street? he would be sent to the beer seller to bring back jugs of ale for the men

My relation Joseph Copestick was connected to one of the Silk's daughters and they had a shop on the corner of Henry street i think it was 117.

Back