• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Morton Productions Limited

Brummie53

I wonder if anyone can give any information on Morton Productions Limited of Birmingham and Northampton? I have a board game of Sport of Kings which was given to me Christmas 1964. I have been trying to trace where this company was based and what happened to them. I have been unable to trace the game or company.

There's a bit of information HERE but no address, also see same website (lower down page) for English version, it's described as "a rare edition"

Colin

Last edited:
As Colin says, it looks as though it's the English version of a foreign game - Swedish and named Jagersro, after a horse racing stadium in Malmo. Presumably manufactured under licence from the Swedish creator. Quite rare, by the look of it. Another Morton game appears amongst the National Trust's list of treasures.

Most mentions seem to include Northampton, rather than Birmingham. I assume it must have been a fairly small company and it seems strange that a Birmingham offshoot was needed.

This all makes us want to dig out our kids' games of that era still tucked away in the loft and not looked at in half a century!

Chris

Last edited:
Thank You to all Three replies so far. My Grandfather gave me the game in 1964, he was a bit of a horse racing punter. But have no idea where he got it from. Could be totally wrong, But was Chad Valley toys just outside Harborne at the start of the 1960's ? and as ChrisM says of a assumed fairly small company, wonder if any links there.

Back