• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

moor st/carrs lane

Lyn, can you give me a clue what is the immediate road on the right please? Just trying to piece together some maps I have of the period.

(ps. I've got another "Old Birmingham 1952" photo coming up soon. Do you want me to PM you with the answer first so you can impress all the other viewers with your "Mystic Meg" routine? LOL)

lol richie...the immediate road to the right is signposted..its carrs lane...lol again....

lyn

I knew it all the time,Lyn. My surname is CARR (as the administrators have record of). I just like seeing it in print time and time again. Is that being vain or what? LOL

That being by-the-by, it looks like we could make quite a thread of this location, although we would need help from other forumers regarding close-up maps of Moor Street in particular and maybe other photographs probably from the bus fraternity.

Apart from utilising Mark Horton's website, here's a duo of two photographs I posted elsewhere some months ago. First is from the magnificent Phyllis Nicklin collection taken from what appears to be the far end of your picture facing in the opposite direction (i.e towards us):

www.pbase.com/beppuu/image/92164357

Possibly unknowingly, Birmingham's Planning Dept took an almost exact copy about a year later to advertise the progress(!) being made with the Bull Ring and Aston Expressway:

www.planningis50.com/photos/nostalgia/birmingham-reconstruction/?pid=90

Back