• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Military - WWI

Can anyone help regarding an Elenzar Terry B1899 Aston who in the 1918 absent voters list is recorded as 109802 2/AM No.2 Wireless Sch RAF please.

I am trying to find out where I can obtain more information about his service. Cannot find anything in service records as only A - N are listed at the moment. Just wondering what he would have been involved in as he was very young.

Thanks

Suzanne

Bit puzzled here Suzanne. I found the birth for Elenzar Terry in 1899 so the name is right, but the only medal card I can find is for a 901802 George Terry who is in the RFA (TA) perhaps the numbers 901802 and 109802 and the surname Terry are just a coincidence, as is George Terry being in the RFA and Elenzar Terry being in the RAF. It is very strange.

Barrie.

Thanks for looking Barrie. It definitely says RAF wireless school. Perhaps he never saw any action thus no medals?

Will have to wait until the rest of the service records are issued.

regards

Suzanne

Hi Chris

I am a real novice when it comes to this sort of thing.

Do I have to physically go to the records office or can I pay to download the records?

Thanks

Suzanne

The records are originals. You can get the NA to give you quote for copying them, or go yourself, ask a friend or hire an independent researcher.

Back