• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

midland property and finnance shop /office

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
hi guys
i am trying to seek information on a estate agents listed as midland property and finnance whom was properyty developers
beleived to be on the high street harborne from around the seventy to eightys i would it was about 1983-4 or it was the seventys ;
i would really appreciate any info; given , i think it was afew yards from where the number 11 bus goes down to
the qe hospital and the pub is on the corner of the high street
many thanks best wishes astonian;;

hi guys
after all this lengh of time and hours of researching i have finaly got them tracked down ; and they was an orinional company
it was set up by some well know councillors whom i can not name ;for legal reasons ;
but now the company is called midland carpets and bedding at the same address i did asked for and they have alot of shops around brum.
tyburn rd erdington bristol rd northfield they are all around brum they left tyburn rd and moved to warick rd and years ago they had a big shop on the stratford rd oppersite the mermaid pub on tyburn rd they made there furnishing ;ie ; beds and sofa, and behind there was there ware housing
where they had a big fire ; so they moved out and went down the back street of golden hillock rd and set up there ; quite afew years back
i think it was in the eighties they moved lock stock and barrell; but up until recent there was an incident and sadly that got burt down ;
but good news is a just moved up the rd and openednd another shop so they was luicky ;which when i lok at the graphic of survey ;
they are about three miles from the mermaid where they first built there bussiness way back in the fifties oh by the way they are very unlucky
because it was a fire that they had to move out because there neibours on the stratford rd had a fire which effected there bussuiness ;
well its nice to know they are still in bussiness and doing well ;there big store is still there on the high street after all these years ;
thanks and may you all have a nice day ; best wishes astonian;;

Back