• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

'May I have this last dance?'

David Weaver

gone but not forgotten
‘May I have this last dance?’
David Weaver ©
Let me cup your face in my old hands,
kiss you tenderly on the lips.
Dance in the moonlight for a hundred years,
firm hand guiding your hips.
Look at the moon through the branches,
as we move with the grace of a deer.
Waltz near the oaks till the sun comes up,
waiting for the mists to clear.
Following the paths of yesteryear,
we can glide in and out of the trees.
Remembering the line of the mountain tops,
that only the highest bird sees.
So hold my hand and I’ll take you away,
but I promise to bring you back.
Back to the place where you truly belong,
leaving me on my lonely track.
In the end we only get one chance,
and that choice was made long ago.
Let’s have one more dance to remember it by,
came the parting only we’ll ever know.
DKW

Hello David, What a lovely verse, it makes me feel so sad, I would dearly love to cup Enids, my late wifes beautiful face, in my hands just once more, it may happen one day
who knows, this was my second Christmas without her and it certainly hasnt got any easier Thanks for sharing it with us, Happy New Year Bernard

Bernard, I am not a religeous man but take a walk out into the garden, look up into the evening sky and as surely as night follows day there will be one star blinking at you brighter than the others. Cup your hands around it and send her a message for the obvious love you still feel will then reach out across a million miles and there will be no more need to feel so sad for that love will come back to you, promise. Kindest thoughts, David.

Hello Bernard just wondering if you're getting on with your life OK. I've been thinking about you for a while now so give us a wave and let me know how you are. Kind regards, David, just an Aston lad.
Hello David, What a lovely verse, it makes me feel so sad, I would dearly love to cup Enids, my late wifes beautiful face, in my hands just once more, it may happen one day
who knows, this was my second Christmas without her and it certainly hasnt got any easier Thanks for sharing it with us, Happy New Year Bernard

Back