• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Maureen Boyne

WrightyH

I have used this fabulous forum over the years to remind my parents of the area they grew up in and worked and of where their history lay.

From Darwin Street, Fazeley St, Watery lane, Sampson Rd, Garrison St and Moor Lane Witton, Welwyndale Rd, it’s been a real journey back in time.

My Mum Maureen Wright née Boyne passed away 8/8/24 .
Mum worked at Times Furnishing where she met my Dad Doug Wright, who was I believe, a display manager who went on to work at Lewis’s, then ‘on the milk’ around Rectory rd area and Edward’s Pies. Mum also worked at C & A
(approx dates 1958-1963)
We are looking for Johnny Cousins or any friends that may remember Mum and Dad from those fabulous days they recall in the area.

But thank you most of all to everyone who has remembered how Birmingham used to be and shared their memories.

Back