• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Markby Road

smtr

master brummie
Hello
I don't suppose anyone has a photograph of Markby Road, Winson Green please? In particular number 7.

thank you

Suzanne

sue if you go on to the wison green website it will show you images of the area or ted rudge he has a website too best of luck

yes its still there
i was only down there last saturday as i grew up on the handsworth new road and played in markby road
oh happy days

hi celia,
Just thought i would drop you aline regarding your name drop on the bottom of your threads
would your chambers come from winson green and the roaches family from winson green
it als abit of a coincidence my brother is married to a roach but it may be not the same roache family ;but i did no the other two familys chambers and roaches from the green
best wishes astonion ;;

hi astonain
right been through the family tree and this is what ive found
celia roach was born in aston in 1908 and married horace morrall my grandad in 1929 at st michaels church handswworth
as far as i know they spent all their married life in mostyn rd handsworth

clara was born in Chesnut, Middlesex, (shes the posh bird in our family lol)
i looked on the1891 census
her farther was fron london city
her mother was from whitechapple
clara wa born inn chesnut middlesex along with her brother charles
mary was born in enfield
elizabeth ans walter were born in birmingham

mostyn road was where william and clara my great grandparents spent the later part of their lives and then horace and celia my grand parents inherited the house after william and clara died

i was untill 30 years ago third gen living in winsogreen and handsworth

if you wont some information on my family im more than happy to pm you the details

Back