• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

maiden names

P

pannierman

being pretty new to family researching ,i wonder how do find out the maiden names of female relatives ? i have my fathers parents names , years of birth ,marriage etc. but i am searching for my great grandparents my great grandfathers name was Edward Jukes but i dont know how to find out his wifes cristian name or her maiden name ,is it all guess work ???

Hi Pannierman, you have to trace the marriages. A good source is Free BMD from 1837 onwards. Ancestry is excellent for going further back.

Harborne

i havn't worked that out yet ,mothers father william taylor, first child born 1890 so marriage maybe 1 or 2 years before that ,but dont know edward jukes date of birth either
by the way ,how do you put the names you are researching at the bottom of the post ??

by the way ,how do you put the names you are researching at the bottom of the post ??

When you are logged in, click on User Control Panel located in the blue band at the top of the page. When the page changes look down the left hand side at the menu and click on Edit Signature, write what you want in the box and save, job done

bren

Back