• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lyttleton Arms - Balsall Heath Road

Fancy a post-war butty? It is thought that this image dates from 1946 but I cannot quite make out the licensee plate to confirm this. It probably features the name of Sarah Hobson, licensee throughout the Second World War.

Attachments

• balsall-heath-road-lyttleton-arms-frontage.jpg
    balsall-heath-road-lyttleton-arms-frontage.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 17
I haven't got many photographs of Balsall Heath Road. Looking at the tram lines, I think this one is from the junction of Alexandra Road looking along the Edgbaston section of the thoroughfare. I cannot understand why these houses have been demolished - they looked splendid and solidly-built.

Attachments

• balsall-heath-road-housing.jpg
    balsall-heath-road-housing.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 18
I haven't got many photographs of Balsall Heath Road. Looking at the tram lines, I think this one is from the junction of Alexandra Road looking along the Edgbaston section of the thoroughfare. I cannot understand why these houses have been demolished - they looked splendid and solidly-built.
Hi, I'm researching my Great Great Grandparents and they lived at 90 Balsall Heath Rd in Edgbaston but I can't find many photos! Do you know which number houses these might be on the photo or if you have any other photos? thanks so much!

hi..you have posted in our pubs section of the forum..could you please start a new thread under our surnames interest section giving the names of your gt gt grandparents including when born...thanks

lyn

Back