• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lyndon Green Infants and Juniors

Blacksmith

master brummie
I was wondering how many people on this forum went to Lyndon Green Infants and Juniors. I started there shortly after it opened and left in 1960.
My teacher in reception was Miss Parker and for the life of me I can't remember the teacher in the second class.
I do remember doing the Owl and the Pussycat as a class 'production'. I can also remember taking part in a class rendition of AA Milne's poem, 'The King's Breakfast'. I was the cow. 'You'd better tell his Majesty that many people nowadays like marmalade instead.
I'll move onto the junior school in another post.

Onto junior school. We called all the female teachers 'Miss', so apologies if any were 'Mrs'.
I started off with Miss Shed, then Miss Eyles then Mrs Jones and finally Mr Samuel. In between, we had a couple of supply teachers. Mrs Slyme awarded me a book prize for Scripture Knowledge and Mr Doe taught me how to play the recorder. We played for the school from a little balcony overlooking the hall.
For assemblies the classes were trooped into the hall to the music of Marche Militaire, by Schubert.
I got second prize in a Miniature Garden competition.
I seem to remember that Peter Knight's mum was secretary and she used to make cakes for prizes, but I never got one. I think they were more for raffles.

Back