• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

lupin st courtyard

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
cant be sure if ive posted this one before folks...

a courtyard in lupin st dated...dated april 1960

pic courtesy of carl chinn..

Last edited:
Hi, where exactly was Lupin Street? It looks strangely familiar to me, but I just can't place it.

Thanks Dek, I must have confused memories as I don't think I've ever been to the Nechells area.

My gt grandmother, Minnie Drusilla PAIN (nee MARLOW) lived for many years at 28 Lupin St. She died in 1950 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which the closest cemeteries would be to Lupin St. Thanks.

My gt grandmother, Minnie Drusilla PAIN (nee MARLOW) lived for many years at 28 Lupin St. She died in 1950 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which the closest cemeteries would be to Lupin St. Thanks.

The closest is St Mathews on Gt Lister St but I very much doubt if burials were still being carried out in 1950.I would think at that time Witton would be the most likely. Dek

Thanks for the info dek. I'll do a little bit of research on the cemeteries and see what I come up with. Thanks again.

Back