• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lozells road map

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi mike when time permits could i have a map please showing where these shops on the lozells road were...i do have a good idea but just to be certain...

cheers mike

lyn

Attachments

• NURSERY ROAD PHOTOS 029.jpg
    NURSERY ROAD PHOTOS 029.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 55
Lyn,

Look at those wonderful hats - is this on the hat thread as well? And I think nearly all of us must have photographs by Alfred Juggins!

Maurice

Lyn
Below is map c 1950 showing position of 4,6 & 8 Lozells Road. The picture would have been taken sometime between 1903 & 1931

Attachments

• map c1950 showing the position of nos 4,6, & 8 Lozells Road.jpg
    map c1950 showing the position of nos 4,6, & 8 Lozells Road.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 48
thanks mike its just where i thought is was...did not know there was a malthouse on the birchfield road

hi maurice yes a very famous name is alfred juggins please post it on the hats thread if you want to...

lyn

Last edited:
same line of shops on the left taken a bit later..taken looking up the lozells road with the bank on the right corner with birchfield road..

Attachments

• six ways.jpg
    six ways.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 46
Back