• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Loveday in Moseley Road, Balsall Heath

laary

Brummie babby
I'm looking for information about the Loveday family that ran the newsagents at 316 Moseley Road, Balsall Heath from about 1905 to about 1945.

The parents were Charles and Amelia Loveday and they had 7 children

Constance Loveday
William Loveday who married Alice Evans
Fanny (Daisy) Loveday
Lillian Loveday who married Frederick Fisher
Walter Loveday who married Elizabeth Cade
Primrose Loveday
Ivy Loveday who married Arthur Hunt

Can anyone help?

OK, this is what I can find having a quick trawl through the records.

Charles Perkins Loveday, born Kilworth, Leicester 2nd quarter 1851 (Market Harborough Vol 15 Page 214)
and
Amelia Muggleston, born 4th quarter 1859, Leicester (Leicester vol 7a page 152)
married in Spalding, 2nd quarter 1877 (Spalding vol 7a page 669).

Children:
Constance May Loveday born Northampton 2nd quarter 1878 (Northampton vol 3b page 91) - still single in 1911.

William Arthur Loveday born Northampton 3rd quarter 1879 (Northampton vol 3b page 93) - married Alice Maude M Evans 3rd quarter 1903 (Wolverhampton vol 6b page 1048).

Fanny (Daisy) Loveday - cannot trace accurately

Lillian Maud Loveday born Swansea 3rd quarter 1885 (Swansea vol 11a page 800) - married Frederick G Fisher 3rd quarter 1910 (Aston vol 6d page 730).

Walter Charles Loveday born Swansea 4th quarter 1887 (Swansea vol 11a page 748) - married Elizabeth Cade 3rd quarter 1915 (Ormskirk, vol 8b page 1887).

Primrose Violet Loveday born Swansea 3rd quarter 1891 (Swansea vol 11a page 914) - still single in 1911.

Ivy Minnie Loveday born Oswestry, Salop 4th quarter 1893 (Oswestry vol 6a page 645) - married Arthur Hunt 2nd quarter 1918 (Birmingham, vol 6d page 418).

1911 census has Charles, Amelia, Constance, Primrose and Ivy at 216 Moseley Road, with boarders John William Mawson age 29 from Cockermouth and Joshua Douglas Bragg age 22 from Nottingham. Ivy and the two boarders are 'Boot Trader Assistants' and Constance and Primrose are 'Dressmakers'. Charles is a 'Builders Manager'.

No, not related, just enjoy the challenge of genealogy!
Tell me if you can't save and / or open the document, it's in 'MS Word' form here.

I'm looking for information about the Loveday family that ran the newsagents at 316 Moseley Road, Balsall Heath from about 1905 to about 1945.

The parents were Charles and Amelia Loveday and they had 7 children

Constance Loveday
William Loveday who married Alice Evans
Fanny (Daisy) Loveday
Lillian Loveday who married Frederick Fisher
Walter Loveday who married Elizabeth Cade
Primrose Loveday
Ivy Loveday who married Arthur Hunt

Can anyone help?
Not sure if this is still active, but my mother Rita Loveday was left this shop by her Auntie and lived and worked in it. It was a newsagent and a record shop then my mom sold it to ( if I remember correctly) Coopers and then married my dad Fred Dawkins and worked in the cafe on Highgate Road.

Back