• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

look up please james eades

teece222

knowlegable brummie
i have just discovered that my grandfather sgt bob eades 25121 south wales borderers who was killed on 20th/10/1916 at gueudecourt had a brother, james eades served as private 11391, kings royal rifle corps, enlisted 3rd april 1915 but was medically dischargerd on 15th nov 1915, i would be grateful of any information on james.
thank you. tony (teece222)

James (Jim) Eades Enlisted aged 36 Born 1879
residence 12/5 Gt Colmore St, Bham
reg no. 11391 KRRC 5th Bttln
trade: labourer

Next of kin: wife Annie Alberta Eades nee Heebenthal
married april 14 1906 salvation army bham
children: Leslie James Eades b1907

Just 3 pages on ancestry pension details. Don't know if you have this already.

1920 electoral roll James Eades and Alberta Annie 5 court 12 Gt Colmore Street
1925 just Alberta at above address
1930 as above
1935 Alberta Annie Eades and John Roach
1939 Alberta Annie Eades and John Roach

Suzanne

Leslie James Eades & Lucy Eades
1930 154 Varna Road
1935 11 Shirley Place, Longmore St Balsall Heath
1939 3 court 12 Gt Colmore St
1945 3 back 62 Gt Colmore St
1950 66 Bordesley Green East Stechford

Possible marriage Leslie J Eades 1930 Bham Sth to Lucy Elizabeth Freeman

Suzanne

dear suzanne thanks, information is all coming together now, i do not have any details of ancestry pension or of leslie james eades b1907, so if you could add any info, i would be eternally grateful. tony (teece222)

Leslie James Eades 1907 JAS Bham ref 6d 114.
On James' pension records it records his marriage and child. Leslie has no date of birth on the pension record but I found the above on Ancestry and as it is the only one presumed it may be correct.

For some reason I cannot copy from Ancestry to here but perhaps some other knowledgeable person can do it for you?

regards

Suzanne

thank you again suzanne, can you tell me what the reference number means, Leslie James Eades 1907 JAS Bham ref 6d 114, i would like to contact his living relatives, maybe then i can piece together the family tree. T

Hi

Those are the numbers you need to quote if you request his birth certificate.

Suzanne

I see Sgt Bob Eades is Commemorated on the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing, on the Somme battlefield.

I will be visiting the Memorial later this month and I would gladly photograph his name for you, if you want.

Regards

Terry

thank you terry,
i just returned from the battlefields and have pics of my grandfather, he will also be commemorated on a website at thiepval called the missing of the somme. tony (teece222)

Hi tony

If you IM your e-mail address to me i will send those records to you, have already downloaded them onto my puter

bren

Hi Bren

Perhaps you can let me into the secret how to download! Just can't seem to do it :(

cheers

Suzanne

hi bren, i am sorry i cannot find your email could you please send again, much appreciated. tony (teece222)

Tony

Not sure but I think Bren is referring to the IM he sent me re downloading Ancestry records.:)

Suzanne

Back