• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

lionel street.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
back to backs in lionel st..dated 1920s

img551.jpg

its a pleasure as always carolina..at the min i am once again going through some old carl chinn mags that i havent looked at for a couple of years..some are dated 1995 so i am hoping to find some new pics to post...
lyn

Just catching up on threads Lyn (i.e. getting my daily 'fix') and this one almost escaped me! This really shows how close and cramped some of these places must have felt. And with the height of the buildings in this photo, there was probably not much light so I expect we're talking damp and unhealthy too. What I find interesting about this one is the building to the left looks like an industrial building, so it would probably be pretty noisy and dirty around there too. Viv.

morning viv..yes you are right the building on the left is industrial...it must have been quite dismal to live there but like we have said before it was what folk were used to in those days...they knew no different and it only becomes so awful to us because we do not have to live like that now and we can only imagine what it was like...

lyn

Back