• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lichfield Terrace off Bolton Road

happybrummie

Can anyone help with a map showing Lichfield Terrace off Bolton Rd in Small Heath please.
My grandparents lived at number 7 from 1911 until about 1926. I know the row of terraced houses sat at right-angle to the (goods?) railway line but have been unable to find a map detailed enough to show Lichfield Terrace.
This is my first time using this forum so I'm hoping that I have posted this request in the correct place.

Hi Happybrummie,

Lichfield Terrace was the first terrace on the left of Bolton Rd as you entered from Golden Hillock Rd. This is the terrace with numbers so it's easy enough to work out where number 7 was.

Attachments

• Lichfield.JPG
    Lichfield.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 29
Thank you so much - Where did you find this (I can't believe that even the house numbers are shown!) - I've looked at so many maps, but obviously not the correct ones.

I don't think there were any houses on that site before these. Certainly they seem to be the same in the late 1880s, and i think these were the first to be built there.

Not absolutely certain, but I think you mean up Golden Hillock Road. Anyway have done a fairly large arae, so should cover it. Map c 1950

map_c_1950_golden_hillock_road_area.jpg

Yes, no 7 cooksey road is right at the other end. It is in red on the map below

map_c_1950_west_end_Cooksey_Road__showing_no_7.jpg

In the picture is that Cooksey Road junction ahead in the middle distance, or immediately to the left of the man walking?

Back