• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

LH Newton - Thimble Mill Lane, Nechells

• Thread starter Thread starter John Casey
  • Start date Start date
J

John Casey

I was apprenticed in the 60's and can remember some of my fellow apprentices would love contact to see if I can contact - Mickey Heath, Billy Howitt, Johnny Peach, Terry Price, Dennis Humpries, Ray Price, Malcolm Phillips, Billy White, Brian Debus

Hi
my cousin Peter Rock was an apprentice at Newtons in the early 60s, our Aunt & Uncle Frances & Jim Jones ran the social club, I spent many hours there with my parents, my Uncle Bill also was a regular weekend resident.
I well remember the dances at the weekend watching my Mom dancing around with Dad & other friends, the only one I can think of a name was a guy called Joe Singleton. Another guy I can remember from the factory was Franky Lee who was Dj at the Heartbeat over the Silverblades Icerink.Any bells rung for anybody yet.
Cheers
Dave Rock
ps I worked at LInreads, GKN Screws & fasteners in the 60s &70s & the department I was in moved to Newtons in the late 70s with some of my mates transferring as well, people like Terry Devey, Steve Jones & Eammon Neville.

Hi Dave, Thanks for your response - thats incedible - I remember Pete - I was in the drawing office with Alan Beale ( Beane) we used to call him - he hated it so we used to call him Beane all the time also there was Harry Hipwood, Jimmy Rawbone and Billy Howitt. Pete used to work in the Planning - Scheduling with a bloke named Carl ( Stevens ?) and a couple of girls whose names i forget - their boss was a bloke called Bill Hadley - Pete would know all of the people I mentioned in my first message. It would be appreciated if you would contact Peter.

Regards John Casey

Back