• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

la Boheme cafe digbeth ?

John Deeley

proper brummie kid
Does anyone remember this cafe / bar somewhere down by the fire station in the 1960's better still does anyone have a photo i wonder ?

Remember it well, Aston Street, opened and owned by Andre Drucker we did the sign, also his 2nd cafe in Carrs Lane called the Firebird.

Except,Lyn, I don't think we do have them now, as they were taken over by Patisserie Valerie, and , as I understand it, all were closed when that firm had its recent problems. Please , anyone correct me if I am wrong

I found one, the only one which will go in my book, also a pic of the folies barmaid by Manet, that was behind the bar in there and a pic of Andre Drucker himself in the Bar in La Boheme. You can just see the folies barmaid behind him, so i am well pleased and now you can see it too......cheers John.......ooops sorry the folies barmaid pic is too large.La Boheme frontage.jpgAndre Drucker.jpg

Back