• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Knight Street?

Ewan

master brummie
I have a record from 1828 with the address being Knight Street, any ideas anyone whereabouts this Street was please?

Many thanks
Ewan

It doesn't show up in Birmingham directories around 1849, but theses wouldn't have included arae outside what was then birmingham. Later there was a Knight's Lane in Tyseley , which later became (i think) Knights Road. This would have been outside birmingham in earlier times and therefore not listed.
Mike

Thanks for your help Mike, I just wanted to add this road to my list of roads/streets where families with the Cox surname lived according to birth, baptism and census addresses. If it is the one that you refer to in Tyseley it is further out than the other areas I have, will keep it in 'memory bank' for future reference anyway.
Thanks
Ewan

Back