• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

King Next of kin two addresses

F

Forward

Re: granddad WW1 record George King 47917: On the next of kin page underneath the address we know off (1 Weston Place, Guildford Street) is 25 Prospect Road Abergavenny which seems to have been written in later, we can’t understand why?

My grandmother was born and raised at various addresses in Abergavenny, we have no record of Prospect Road?

Would that be an address my grandmother moved to whilst granddad was in service although pre and post war addresses include 1 Weston Place so we can’t see that being left empty for circa 18 months.

Or a second next of kin needed as he was going abroad?

Any thoughts please.

As second request can anyone read the comments on other pages, where he served etc?
Ray

Hi Forward, I dont know if this will be of any use to you but in 1911 25 Prospect Road was occupied by Albert and Hannah Hunt and family, with a boarder called George Taylor and there was also a "nursing" child called Alice Watton or Walton.
I dont really understand all of the army records but I had a quick look and there is mention of The Monmouth Reg KSLI which he appears to have joined on 6.5.18 so maybe your Grandmother moved there temporarily while he was in that regiment ?

Hi lindyloo,

Thanks for the information. The names don't ring any bells but the fact lodgers were being taken in makes it more of a possibilty.

Back