• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kenrick and Jefferson Paper & Stationary

GOFFE

knowlegable brummie
Trying to locate some one who worked there in the 1950`s
anyone have any idea how l can find out

Harold Pitcher worked as a salesman around 1950`s

My mother and her sisters worked at K&J's after leaving school in West Bromwich, around 1930's i would say.

Very old firm K&J's...

Hi,
I started work at K&J's in 1952. Served an apprenticeship in Lithograqphic printing for 6 years. Knew all the gaffers, ie. Guthrie Gifford (works manager), Ken Jefferson, Peter Kenrick, Tom Jefferson. I remember Edward Jefferson coming round the works in his wheel chair to say hello to all the old hands that still worked there, he occasionally spoke to some of the young ones also, but not very often.
If I can help any more, please ask a specific.
Stan Reynolds

Hi Stan, my late Grandfather worked for K&J's as a sales rep. I'm not sure of the years as I believe he served in the RAF previously. His name was Dennis Moore and I believe he was there during my childhood in the 1970's.
There is also a good chance his father worked there (Arthur Moore) and his grandather too (Joseph Moore) as I have them on my family tree as printers or printer machinists. If you have any information which could cast a light on my Grandfather's history I would be truly grateful.
Paul Lloyd

Hi Stan, my late Grandfather worked for K&J's as a sales rep. I'm not sure of the years as I believe he served in the RAF previously. His name was Dennis Moore and I believe he was there during my childhood in the 1970's.
There is also a good chance his father worked there (Arthur Moore) and his grandather too (Joseph Moore) as I have them on my family tree as printers or printer machinists. If you have any information which could cast a light on my Grandfather's history I would be truly grateful.
Paul Lloyd

Hi Paul,
I started work at K&J's in 1952 as an apprentice litho printer, and left after completing my time in 1959 to work at the 'Pazo' carton printers in Oldbury to earn more money so that I could buy a car. We never had anything to do with sales, that was the office department. However, I remember a guy who worked on factory maintainance whos name was Ted Moore, I presume his name would have been Edward, he must have been about 30 ish at the time. He was a quietly spoken man who was keen on photogtraphy, I remember he bought a camera called an 'Illoca Quick', at the time that was a top of the range camera which was probably the fore-runner of the compact 35mm cameras, and being not long after the war must have cost him dearly.

He was the only one I remember with the name Moore.

I hope that I have pointed you in some sort of 'other direction'. Best of luck with your other searches.

Kind regards
Stan Reynolds

Back