• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Keeping my head warm

• Thread starter Thread starter Kandor
  • Start date Start date
K

Kandor

I've being seeing my family quite a lot in the run up to Christmas, I've also sat many hours with our Brenda talking about the old days,
Most of them I knew or remembered, she did however tell me of a few things I've either chose to forget on purpose or the years have just let slip.
I've already written here about my Moms lousy knitting..
Her mittens, Jumpers and scarves were dire to say the least, where she really excelled in ineptness though was her Balaclavas..Me and Brenda cried laughing at some of them..
Some were so tight they choked me at the throat of cut off the blood supply to my eyes..
She could hardly catch her breath when she told me about the one Mom had cut slits in for my ears to stick through..
Brenda also told me about one I definately must have chosen to forget..
She told me Mom once knitten me a Balaclava out of bright yellow wool... :2funny: through tears of laughter she remembered how they all called me 'Canary boy'
Ahhh Mom...they broke the mould before they made you.

Lovely story Les and made even more lovely by the thought of Brenda laughing.I hope 2006 will be a great year for you all.

Laughter is such a tonic when you are ill, and who better to share it with than your brother. Tell Brenda we are rooting for her won't you. :smitten:

I will thank you...mind you part of the stories we swapped where about you lot anyway.
Thank you.

Back