• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jenny Lind Pub Nechells

stevencath11

master brummie
Hi
Does anybody have any information or photos of the Jenny Lind Pub in Nechells on Church Road as I have just found out my ancestors ran this pub also they were running it in 1871 there names were Maria & William Glew.
Thanks Cath

Hi: This came up on the pub images search. The photo was originally posted by Phil I believe. Thanks to him.
index.php

William Glew is listed at the Jenny Lind in the 1868, 1872 and 1873 directories, but not in th e1867 or 1876 directories.these dates are publication dates and would refer to a year or so before that time

what a lovely name for a pub jenny...must admit i have never heard of this one ..thanks for reposting phils pic of it

lyn

Hi,
Thanks for all info and especially the photograph, anybody know when it was knocked down ?
Thanks so much Cath.

Back