• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

high park st...nechells

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
love this one as its a typical back yard scene....washing on the line...milk on the step and window sill...clothes wringer outside not to mention the cobbles... no 68 high park st dated 1965

pic courtesy of carl chinn

What a fabulous picture Lyn. Thats exactly what the good old days where all about.

chocks and bazz...glad you like it...be nice if someone who lived here saw the pic....

lyn

Looks like the house on the right had to be repaired at some stage, judging by the colour of the brickwork. Possible subsidence me thinks.???

Heres a nice easy to read map for any one like me who had forgotten where it was Dek

thanks all..although nechells is not my area it matters not as i am learing about the area...and i like to try and find pics thats dipict how we used to live and bring back the memories...i posted one sometime last year of a man walking down an entry...just a simple pic but it said so much...will try and find it and post again for those who missed it...

lyn

ive foundd the pic of the man in the entry and posted it under old pics....

lyn

Back