• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

help wanted

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
i wonder if i could have a map please showing villa road handsworth...marking out where 24 to 32 was...these addresses were owned by E T WILLOWS in the early 1900s...

many thanks...

lyn:)

Lyn
the alan godfrey map for the area is listed as 1913, but , on the map it says 1917, so probably additions were made to bring itm up to date. This shows 24-32 villa rd as empty ground, so obviously the area was cleared soon after the entry into the 1915 Kellys. I.m not usre if the site went all the way back - there could have been some buildings on terrace road that were also demolished, but it is quite a big site. The 1912 Kellys shows , in addition to Willows, the Birmingham Excelsior Permanent Money Society, and the Dennison Watch Case Co, so possibly it was several buildings on the. site. I will go back earlier to find more
mike

map_1917_showing_position_of_24-32_villa_road.jpg

Back