• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Help needed please.

C.May

proper brummie kid
Just found that my Nan is buried in Witton cemetery.I went onto site to get the plot number and have looked at the map and I have no idea which section she is in.Is there somewhere I can ask as to which section she is? Im planning to visit very soon.The number I have is 9 numbers long.....hoping someone can advise please.

Where did you get the number from?
The most I have seen, I think, is a letter (for section) and 4 numbers for a grave.

Went onto Find a grave and it shows she is buried there and the 9 number.....is there a way to find out exactly where she is do you know? Would it be Birmingham council? I'm a complete novice at this.

Are you looking at the "Memorial I/D" on Find a Grave, if so then my understanding is that this is not the burial location and plot number.

William.

Just realised that is what it is which is of no help to me.....just been on phone to Sutton New Hall....well...held in queue...and filled out form online...fingers crossed

Thanks everyone.....today i rang Birmingham City Council and after a very long wait listening to horrendous music i got through to an extremely helpful guy who gave me all the information i needed....A visit to Witton is now on the schedule.....Thank you for all your help.
Carol.

Last edited:
Well done....it seems you are sorted now.
Over the last few days i have found grave number at The Library of Birmingham ( brilliant helpful people showing me how to find the films and use the machine)....and also a great lady at Kings Norton Cemetery found the locations and also that there were 2 others in a grave as well.
Only gripe I have is with B'ham Council websites that continually list all the numbers for the Cemeteries even though they are no longer in use.....you need to use the one you used I think.
I too have used this and yes the chap was great and gave me good info.

Back