• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Help needed finding Francis Aldridge in Birmingham.

Spugalugs

proper brummie kid
I'm trying to identify a Francis Aldridge born around 1792 in Birmingham area (who later married Maria Hawkins in St Martins, Birmingham in 1812) their marraige record showed his parents were Samuel & Elizabeth. The only Francis I can find around this time and in this area, with same parents names is shown on family search as FrancEs a girl born / bapt on 20 May 1792 in Tamworth. I'm assuming (hoping) this is an error and it was a boy which fits, as on on a later census Francis states he was born in Tamworth. Can anyone suggest a way of checking this myself somehow or can check someone kindly check the Tamworth Parish records. Not sure if this will help but just incase it is an error in the transcription. Many thanks. :cupcake:

Back