• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Heath Street memory

nimrod1947

master brummie
Hi it's me again. this photo is of me and my brother outside 11/381 Heath Street. Don't know the name of the horse because he belonged to the rag merchant Parkers in Heath Street. I also remember a Harold Moult who lived up the same street but on the other side I think he was a rag merchant as well. My Dad worked for Parkers for a time.
We went to Newcastle to visit his parents, my grandparents. I was told not to mention where my Dad worked and being rather young and still not at school I couldn't wait to tell them my Dad was a tatter.
I should mention this didn't go down too well with my Dad and I was given a good telling off. I would have pleaded not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibity but I didn't know what it meant, still don't. I think it's something to do with getting away with murder. I must remember that could come in useful someday!!
I must say the horse was in our garden and no idea how he got there, he's certainly no Grand National contender!!Me and brother.jpg..png

Back