• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Handsworth - Whitehall Road

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures dates from 1913.

Ian.

hi ian
i have just got to say thank you for all these memories from you by putting these now and then pics
because i have served almost everybody in those rds and the area when i worked for midland counties and that the only competition agaist midland counties was dear old wacondons
midland counties had 99 per cent of the market in and aroundhandsworth
and they was big houses in those early days and i beleive my great grand father lived in white hall rd in those early years and my mother told me they had the ones with bells in the kitchen and they had servants to wait on them keep them coming ian
and thanks for memories of my younger flirting days with the woman on the rounds of handsworth
have your self a very nice day andwish you a merry christmas and a happy new and prosperous new year best wishes astonion

Back