• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Handsworth - The Moors | Moorfields, Church Lane, Handsworth.

GeoFereby

proper brummie kid
Good evening - this is my first post. Doing some family history research and I wonder if anyone would be able to tell me if a big house in Handsworth called "The Moors" in c. 1875 is the same house known as "Moorfields, 19 Church Lane, Handsworth" in 1900? Thank you.

Geo, welcome to the Forum a very pleasant and informative place.

i lived in Handsworth and remember the name Moorfields but do not know enough about it to be helpful. I am sure that other forum members will be more helpful!

Welcome & enjoy!

Good evening - this is my first post. Doing some family history research and I wonder if anyone would be able to tell me if a big house in Handsworth called "The Moors" in c. 1875 is the same house known as "Moorfields, 19 Church Lane, Handsworth" in 1900? Thank you.
Hello Geo, I have just come across your post which is such a coincidence because I have recently been researching a family named Goode who had the house called the Moor on Church lane Handsworth built in the early 1800s , Apparently this house was demolished in or about 1930 when the family sold the house and land for redevelopment! I do not know if it was ever referred to as Moorfields though .

Hello Geo, I have just come across your post which is such a coincidence because I have recently been researching a family named Goode who had the house called the Moor on Church lane Handsworth built in the early 1800s , Apparently this house was demolished in or about 1930 when the family sold the house and land for redevelopment! I do not know if it was ever referred to as Moorfields though .
Welcome Maggie! I also lived in Handsworth but I am afraid I can't help you. Welcome & enjoy the Forum!

Back