• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Handsworth - South Road

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures dates from 1913 .

Ian.

Ian
Can i ask the meaning of the dates on these excellent postcards you are posting. Are they the dates that they are postmarked?
Mike

Ian THANK YOU :):)my old house first on the right in the newer pic ..second on the right in first pic... BRILLIANT:) also lived at first house on left in first pic:) feel like a dog with two tails seeing this pic:D

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

The dates on the postings are taken from either, the rear of the postcard if there is any printed info, or taken from the postmark as you have quite rightly guessed. Of course the photo's could have been taken prior to printing and posting hence why I say 'thought to date from'. I'm trying to be as accurate as possible.
It's just nice to put a little back into the forum, and hopefully spark a few memories for people.

Ian.

My dad used to deliver the post there in the 50s. Thanks for all these lovely postcards Ian.

Back