• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

gt hampton row

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi mike wonder if i could have map showing where 35/36 gt hampton row was please...i was told it was called the albion works

thank you mike..

lyn

Last edited:
I don't know about Globe works Lyn. Certainly from at least 1895 to 1940 it was called the Albion works, and was the home of Bodill Parker in its various incarnations. In 1895 they were described as sail eyelet makers, but I guess by 1940 this market was a bit restricted, so they are described as brassworks. the edge of St Georges is in the top right .
35-36 shown in yellow on map.

map_c_1889_nos34-35_Gt_Hampton_RowA.jpg

morning mike....i just edited my first post as i meant to say it was the albion works..appreciated the map mike i see this building was not far from the minerva pub on the corner...trying to find any pic of this building for someone....here we go again lol..oh nearly forgot mike...what is the blue bit marked on the map..

thanks again mike...

Last edited:
Lyn
My eyes are failng (or my brain). When I read your request I read it as asking for 34-36 an was going to point out 34 was separate. . When I came to write the post i realised it was 35-36 you asked for, but had already coloured the map
Mike

its ok mike..my brain has plenty of lapses too:D so we are on the yellow then....:D

thanks again mike...

Back