• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Grocery Shop in Northfield 1960s called Flowerdews or Flourdews?

Wasdale

Brummie babby
Does anyone remember a grocery shop in Northfield in the 1960s called Flower Dews or Flourdews? I wondered if there was a picture somewhere? I'm writing down some of my childhood memories and I remember this shop vividly so would have been nice to see if others can remember it too, and if there's a photo anywhere?

thread moved to the correct section of the forum which is SHOPS ..could we once again please remind members to check all of our sections before starting a new thread as we do have a section for most topics plus if posted in the correct section you are more likely to get a response

the team

Remember it well! The original mosaic floor at the entrance is still there, also the two pillars.
Additional note: Sadly, the century - old yew tree, located opposite this shop, has just been chopped down and removed. Last year, several holes were drilled around the trunk base, obviously to kill it off and be removed, later. Terribly upsetting, as this beautiful old tree appears on many photos of Northfield of yesteryear.

Back