• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Green's Village

M

mogwai71

Does any one know where abouts Green's Village was? I know it was knocked down to make way for John Bright Street but I can't work out exactually were it woud have been.

Thank you

In the 1880 Kelly's. one building of green's village is listed (No 18, Edward Mitchell, van proprietor) between No 108 hill St and 110 hill St (St.Judes National Schools) . On the accompanying 1880 map I have coloured in the schools in pale blue. Green's village in 1890 therefore is immediately above the blue area. New st station is white area in top r h corner, hill st is diagonally down from left to right, and john bright st is to the left of that.
mike

Thanks for the replies- no wonder I couldn't find it its's tiny! That photo's really great, I'm glad I don't live there though it looks a little grim!

Back