• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Graf Zeppelin over Birmingham U.K

Old Brummy

master brummie
Hi all I have been checking up on the Graf Zeppelin and the Hindenburg.
I recall seeing the Graf Zeppelin around about 1937. It must have been the Graf as I recall seing people on in the gondola.From what I gather the Hindenburg did not have a gondola
I came across a reference to the Graf from Lou Dalby some where in my travels this morning.... Old Brummy picture taken by his Grandfather but have since lost the link. I did also see some claims from others who saw this Zeppelin at around the same time Anyone have a comment//// Old Brummy

https://www.airships.net/lz127-graf-zeppelin/history shows a detailed history of the original Graf Zeppelin (there was another one apparently) other pages have details of the Hindenberg (including an internal shot of the control room - one of three rooms that hung from the bottom of the craft) and the other Zeppelins including pictures of the LZ 130 also called Graf Zeppelin.

Hello old brummy,
I do just about remember seeing the zeppelin but I was only about 8yrs. at the time and I lived at Gosta Green.
It frightened the life out of me !!!!! I seem to remember an awful roaring noise.
Some years later when I first saw a Barrage balloon I thought it was another one.
Not a happy memory really but at least I do remember it ?
Betty.

Back