• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Goodall of Aston

windigo

proper brummie kid
:shock: I'm stuck and would welcome any help or advice!! I have my Gt Grandfather's wedding certificate but can find no trace of his birth certificate to find out who his mother and siblings were! I've copied some of my message that I posted in the Guestbook. Apologies if this is a lengthy message - I do tend to waffle!!

I've been researching my family history - my Great Grandfather was Thomas Goodall (married to Amelia Ingram in 1878 at the Wesley Chapel, Howard Street on Christmas Day!) They lived at 60 Newhall Hill and my gt grandad was a Confectioner/Tobacconist - they had loads of children one of whom was Rev Norman Goodall. As far as I know my gt grandad was brought up in a place called "Cheapside"?, I know his dad was also a Thomas Goodall (he was noted as "deceased" on my Gt Grandparents' wedding certificate) but can find nothing further on his family. According to his wedding certificate he was living at Lorne Terrace, Icknield Street and my gt gran was living at Brearley Street - her parents and sisters were living at Park Road. My mum (now 85) was born in Handsworth - her maiden name was Dorothy Emerson. I think my grandfather (Cuthbert Emerson) worked on the buses at Snowhill? or Snowhill Garage?

I obviously need to find the 1861 census but not quite sure how to do this online! Maybe then I can find my gt grandad's parents?

Back