• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

GKN /FARR Filtration Digbeth

1happykamper

I just joined and it would be wonderful to have a connection again to past... or at least a push to the correct forum here.

My name is John Faux. Yes really. I went to Ilmington Boys 1962 to 1967. Then onwards to an an apprenticeship with GKN in Derit End, Digbeth... 67 to 71. I them worked as a technician at the Dept of Metallurgy at Birmingham University.

Ken Hardcastle was my supervisor. I worked in the tool and die area with some interesting..older men. Manual stamp presses were downstairs as we're bigger hydraulic presses. Items were for automotive filtration

I remember the walk past the slaughter house.. being hosed down by the time I walked by... blood running into the gutters. Happy days indeed.

These names and places sound familiar?

Cheers
John

I just joined and it would be wonderful to have a connection again to past... or at least a push to the correct forum here.

My name is John Faux. Yes really. I went to Ilmington Boys 1962 to 1967. Then onwards to an an apprenticeship with GKN in Derit End, Digbeth... 67 to 71. I them worked as a technician at the Dept of Metallurgy at Birmingham University.

Ken Hardcastle was my supervisor. I worked in the tool and die area with some interesting..older men. Manual stamp presses were downstairs as we're bigger hydraulic presses. Items were for automotive filtration

I remember the walk past the slaughter house.. being hosed down by the time I walked by... blood running into the gutters. Happy days indeed.

These names and places sound familiar?

Cheers
John
Welcome to the Forum John! I am very familiar with Farr Filtration, I believe we were in discussions to acquire them at one point. I was at Purolator Filters for 20 years, 8 as VP Engineering and OE sales, 11 years with my own specialty filter company which I sold to the Filtration Group and then Cummins Fleetguard as Director of cost optimization and manufacturing processes global operations.

Back