• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Gibbons,John m Harriet Smith

anne bernadette

proper brummie kid
Looking for Marriage
1881 census both living at Price St ,Birmingham. . Harriet born Coleshill, Warwick. aged 43 John Gibbons from Westport Mayo Ireland aged 44 (Striker- Blacksmith). 3 children listed, Mary 15, Peter 11 and William 9. Peter is my Gt grandfather. Any help much appreciated-thank you!

Hi Ann,
The only marriage that I can find that fits with the childrens birthdates is as follows:

from BMD
3rd quarter 1864 Maidstone ref 2a 760
wife Harriet Golding.

Hello I hope someone reads this, I too am related to Peter Gibbons he is my great grandfather and would love to get in touch with you regarding the Gibbons Family of Princip Street.

Fingers X'd

Claire

Hi there,I've found the following birth
Peter Gibbons
Year of Registration:1870
Quarter of Registration:Oct-Nov-Dec
District:Birmingham (1837-1924)
County:Warwickshire
Volume:6d Page:132

Thank you LadyLinda, I'm stuck now with Peter's father John, from Westport County Mayo and his wife Harriet,I can't find their marriage anywhere, She is from Coleshill and i've found them in a census record, but cannot find a marriage cert to find out more about Harriet.

Thank you for your help.

Claire

Back