• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Frank Lunn WW 1

Claribel

master brummie
Photo of my uncle Pte Frank Lunn he served with The Worcestershire Regiment and died of wounds 3rd November 1918. He was 20 years old. Dont know where the photo was taken, any ideas? He was from Birmingham and lived in Winson Street, Winson Green.

Hi Claribel,

Your uncle Frank Lunn is remembered in the book 'The Roll of Honour of Birmingham Men & Woman Who Gave Their Lives In The Great War'. According to the Commonwealth War Graves he is Pte 204016 F Lunn, 2/8th Bn Worcestershire Regiment, son of Josiah & Fanny Lunn of 54 Winson Street Birmingham. He is buried in Cambrai East Military Cemetery France. There is also a T V Lunn & W Lunn mentioned in the book. Not sure if they are related.

Tony

Thanks subotone for that, I have been to visit his grave in Cambai, a lovely area now but it must have hell on earth at the time. I dont think that T V or W Lunn are related, but who knows? I shall have to make enquiries, but I've nobody to ask now all long gone. Unless anyone on here can help??
Clive

Back