• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Forum Issues After The System Rebuild - August 2024 and Later (see post#6 of 8 Aug 24 for explanatory comment)

warren

Administration Team
its a theme issue, i just need to do some fixing when i have time, the new version didn't like the old style so i had to build a new one.

(in response to previous Astoness comment and Post #4 here)

Now that the serious problem of duplication of posts seems to have been satisfactorily resolved – I assume it is and the only outstanding matter is for Mods to tidy up all the affected threads – I hope it's OK to get back to the general question.

We had a situation where advertisements were intruding within the body of a thread and causing confusion. This was mainly resolved. However, threads are still untidy because adverts appear, not between individual posts in a thread but between the thread title and the first of the ensuing posts. They therefore remain intrusive. There's a typical screenshot below.

I think our aim ought to be to have individual threads entirely unencumbered with advertisements. In other words, if adverts can't be entirely peripheral on the screen, for them at least to be restricted to the area BEFORE a thread title and AFTER the Reply box which follows the most recent post.

Will it be possible to adjust this, please?

Chris

(outstanding matter)

1722845014339.png

one for warren please....this started happening today. after midnight..under thread titles its saying "later today" should be giving us time and date of last post made...have to refresh the page to get rid of it but it keeps coming back

DUPLICATION OF POSTS
later_today_at_x warren
GENERAL DISCUSSION (non-Birmingham history)
Threads
warren
can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild
later_today_at_x warren
EVENTS AND MEET UPS
Threads
Astoness
Invictus Games 2027 in Birmingham
later_today_at_x Astoness
BIRMINGHAM NEWS
Threads
Astoness
save the wellingtons cats
later_today_at_x Astoness
DONATE
Threads
Server crash and your donations
later_today_at_x Richard Dye
BrumBay
Threads
superdad3
Re: ‘Forgotten Brummies: the men and women who shaped today’s Birmingham, who are now largely forgotten’
later_today_at_x superdad3
Information Sources
History Podcasts & MP3 Links
Threads
Martyn
Birmingham Surrealists
later_today_at_x Martyn
Carl's Brummagem Magazine
Threads
Transport.
later_today_at_x embley
Recommended Reference Books and CD's
Threads
Articles: The Iron Room, Birmingham Libraries. Recent Articles
Genealogy & Family History
Genealogy News & Discussion
Threads
Pat Sattar-Jennings
D.N.A. TESTING
later_today_at_x Pat Sattar-Jennings
Occupations
Threadsi
Button factory
Help, advice, tips and tricks!
Threads
Back to Backs, Courts and Houses and Street Names
later_to
just an observation...i am still getting the above problem

(outstanding matter of which Warren is aware - see post #1)

This thread replaces the previous one with a similar title and is where new problems or comments should be posted from now onwards. This is intended to help Warren to pick up new issues more easily and deal with them.

It is thought that there are few problems or comments which have not previously been dealt with and those identified are being moved here. If any member has an issue which was raised previously and remains outstanding, could they please re-post here. And of course use this thread for anything new.

(Please note that difficulties which arise as a result of adverts remain valid topics for the new thread – but the general PRINCIPLE of advertising and income generation, as explained earlier, is not an appropriate subject for discussion).

Thanks for your cooperation.

Chris

(intended as post #1 - introductory post - but misplaced because of inclusion of earlier posts from elsewhere!)

I posted a screenshot yesterday and the site worked as it used to i.e. I could see the photo load up on the screen. This morning I am back to the clunky problem again. Now with this post I am back to the old way . Attachments are what happened with new ? method which is not clear about how to submit.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.png
    IMG_0746.png
    393.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0747.png
    IMG_0747.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0748.png
    IMG_0748.png
    450.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0749.png
    IMG_0749.png