• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Former Midland Red Stourbridge Bus Station to get a refurb

horsencart

master brummie
The Former Midland Red Stourbridge Bus Station to get a refurb the bus station will close tomorrow 23,Oct,2010 as it is to be Refurbed or redeveloped it has been a number of years since it was last updated

I have a childhood memory of this place in the early 1940's, most likely 1941/2. I was living in that area then and remember going somewhere where buses were parked. I remember quite clearly them as red coloured with large lettering 'Midland' on their sides. Although having nothing to do with the bus station I recall African Marigold flowers in the garden - which I still love today - and the road being unmade. It understand WW2 prevented many newer side roads from being completed in many places including some in the Solihull area. These roads were not pleasant to cycle on!

IT was quite an unusual garage because I seem to remember some of the services departed at stands situated inside the garage. I remember standing waiting for a bus and not far away was a newish Leyland National in a vehicle lift, Of course like most bus garages it has long gone. Maybe if lloyd is reading this he might be able to throw some light on it operational details. I live near where it used to be, it but Im not native to the area.

Reading few some of the excellent publications about B.M.M.O the garages that I find attractive are those small out posts in the Worcester area. Im not experet on the companioes routes but it must ahve been lovely riding on abus travelling over Clee Hill.

I have a childhood memory of this place in the early 1940's, most likely 1941/2. I was living in that area then and remember going somewhere where buses were parked. I remember quite clearly them as red coloured with large lettering 'Midland' on their sides. Although having nothing to do with the bus station I recall African Marigold flowers in the garden - which I still love today - and the road being unmade. It understand WW2 prevented many newer side roads from being completed in many places including some in the Solihull area. These roads were not pleasant to cycle on!

Talking of roads not pleasant to cycle on , Smethwick High Street still had exposed sets well into the 60,s Interesting post Radiorails:)

Back