• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fletcher Harold (Derek) born 1955

hollyjadex

Brummie babby
Hi I have recently started looking into my family tree, I have managed to find out quite a lot on my maternal side of the family - especially as my maternal grandparents are still alive. However, I have found basically nothing on my paternal side (my grandad, in particular) I dont know his parents name or anything and he unfortunately passed away in 2020, any advice? TIA

1720296544399.png

If you give us a name then I am sure someone on the Forum will have a look for you.
My advice would be see if you can find/buy his birth cert which would give his parents names.

If you give us a name then I am sure someone on the Forum will have a look for you.
My advice would be see if you can find/buy his birth cert which would give his parents names.
Hi Janice, thank you for your reply and apologies, his name is Harold Declan Fletcher better known as Derek and he was born 7th November around 1955 I believe

Hi Janice, thank you for your reply and apologies, his name is Harold Declan Fletcher better known as Derek and he was born 7th November around 1955 I believe

Did he marry Diane and have 2 sons and live in Walsall?

If so looks like he may have been born in 1951. Possibly the son of a Harold Fletcher and a Gwendoline F Holmes.

If not, ignore.

Did he marry Diane and have 2 sons and live in Walsall?

If so looks like he may have been born in 1951. Possibly the son of a Harold Fletcher and a Gwendoline F Holmes.

If not, ignore.
OMG YES! Thank you so much - can you tell me how you found this out please? Thank you again

I searched the GRO for deaths of male Fletchers in 2020. There was one registered in Walsall for a Derek Harold and it gave a birth year of 1951.

Looked at the ERs on findmypast for Walsall and saw a possible match.

Then looked on freeBMD for a birth which listed a mmn (Holmes) and then looked for a Fletcher/Holmes marriage. You can buy certificates for all these to make certain.

Apologies I realised afterwards the name was in the title of the thread.

Back