• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fletcher family search

sylviasayers

master brummie
Fletchers

Hi Karen,

I know you will have to verify your information, but I can tell you that we always celebrated my father's birthday on the 28th February and he also said he was "Just William", but when he was about 50 years old he needed a copy of his birth certificate and it showed his birth date as the 13th March and his full name was William Albert.

Apparently at the time 1899 if you did not register within a certain period you were fined thus a lot of people altered the birth date to fall within the next period thus avoiding the fine.

Family Research ( G.R.O )

Hi There, Just a bit of information for people researching their Family Tree's at the Birmingham Library. Marriages,the names of the two spouses appear on the same line on the Fiches from 1911 onwards, prior to that it is just the male who appears, make a note of figures/letters at the end of the line then trawl through the rest of the fiches for that quarter for a match, It can take ages. If you can't find what you are looking for again using the figure/letter combination apply to Southport

Harvey Barr

Back