• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fisher John, born c.1852 Aston/Birmingham

paulreid

proper brummie kid
Looking for parents etc of John Fisher, born c.1852 Aston or Birmingham. Father was Thomas. John maarried Mary Maria Bolton (or Boulton) Christmas Day 1871. Precise date of bith and/or christening of John, plus any more precise details of his parents and ancestors, would be much appreciated.

Re: John Fisher, born c.1852 Aston/Birmingham

Hi Paul

Do you have the marriage cert for John, if so what is his fathers full name (middle) and his occupation and what is the age given for John
John Fisher/Mary Maria Bolton 4th qtr 1871 Aston 6d 519

I looked at the 1861 Census but not found a John with father Thomas that would fit near the year of birth you give, there was one born 1857 but this is ruled out because of age in 1871. There was another born 1847 with father Thomas, he was born in Leicestershire living Aston with siblings born in Aston, apart from that, nothing.

bren

Re: John Fisher, born c.1852 Aston/Birmingham

Hi Bren

Yes, I have the marriage certificate but it's not very helpful. The age of both John and Mary Maria is given as 19 and address of both of them is given as Glover Street (Bordesley) - no number. John's father is Thomas Fisher (no middle name), Labourer. John's profession in "Iron plate worker" with nothing shown for Mary Maria. Her father, George Bolton, is shown as a Coppersmith.

The witnesses were Thomas and Ruth Wimblett. I have established that a Ruth Fisher married a Thomas Wimblett in 1859. In the 1861 census they lived in 1 Court, Glover Street. Presumably that's the address John and Mary Maria used for the marriage. I don't believe Ruth was a sister of John: she was probably a cousin or an aunt.

Any information you can add would be much appreciated.

Paul

Back