• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fish and chip shop Bordesley Green East

LyndaE

Brummie babby
Does anyone remember a fish and chip shop from the 1940s/1950s? It was at 352 Bordesley Green East. More recently it has been a Chop and Wok. My grandparents owned the shop and I would love to know the name of their business.

Does anyone remember a fish and chip shop from the 1940s/1950s? It was at 352 Bordesley Green East. More recently it has been a Chop and Wok. My grandparents owned the shop and I would love to know the name of their business.
it may help if you can give us your grandparents names

lyn

Not a name but in 1954 - not sure if Arthur Twilton was there in that year

Attachments

• Theft from cafe.jpg
    Theft from cafe.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Evening Despatch 26.10.1954.JPG
    Evening Despatch 26.10.1954.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 5
The 1955 Kellys, which might well have been written in 1954 gives the owner as Mrs E Carthey

Thanks tgatd interesting. I think they sold the shop in the early 50s probably 50 or 51.

That fits with the erolls as the last entry online is 1950. (Not all years are online). They were there on the 1939 register.

Back