• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Filmed by BBC in the 70s

Donbogen

master brummie
1970/71 the BBC filmed my Dad at work at Lucas King St
they then filmed us at home in Witton rd interviewing my Dad filming my Mum shopping then it was my turn they gave me a pound to go and buy a kit form the model shop a Wildcat plane and they filmed me making it
Rich Man Poor Man was the title of the Doc
i have never been able to find it

In 1970/71 it is almost certain it would have been recorded on 16mm film - not videotape as portable video cameras were barely in use then and needed an OB unit as well - so if it was on film it could not have been wiped. However the film itself may have been junked. Check with the BBC archive in Perivale or if it was a regional documentary try the BBC at the mailbox.

Last edited:
Pity it was BBC and not ATV - the MACE Archive is supposed to still hold around 95% of ATV/Central midlands regional news and documentary programs made from 1956 to 1992. It is (allegedly) the most intact local news archive in Britain.

Last edited:
Back